Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Pavillion of Art & Design" show Nov. 2011

Hello lovelies...   Instead of parking myself in front of my computer on a Sunday afternoon to edit historical photos for my current job, I decided to visit an art show that Robert recommended I check out, at the 67th St. Armory, called "Pavillion of Art and Design".  It's a random assortment of highly commercial, high-end galleries featuring many works which one would have assumed you could only see in a museum.  Picassos, Légers, Kapoors, Basquiats...   A surprisingly robust selection of ceramics were on view.  Here are some highlights:                               (see all the dealers: http://www.padny.net/ )



















And...

Here was a wall covered with scarabs with some of the most exquisite glazing you'll ever see.  By some German artist called RaR, I think.






And...

Of note was a floor-to-ceiling divider by Peter Lane (the Brooklynite, not the Londoner):  

And....

Here's a contact-sheet of everything else (much of it non-ceramic sculpture) I found of interest:

No comments: