Sunday, November 20, 2011

ANTIQUES AT THE PIERS SHOW, NOV. 20 2011

I've gone to this show a couple other times with Robert, and it's sort of interesting to watch it change as the economy changes.  Fewer and fewer booths with really high-end-esoteric stuff, and more and more merchandise of very spotty interest, incongruence and perhaps a more pedestrian, flea-market-randomness is seeping in.   Still some great stuff though, and I'm glad I went.

Here's a handful of highlights.   Devoting a Sunday afternoon to this became worthwhile after I learned about two styles I wasn't familiar with before:  "Dutch Gouda" (1920s, Dutch) and "Boch Frére"(1930s, French).  



Here's the "Boch Frére" style (sorry, this picture isn't the greatest)


And here's the "Dutch Gouda" style.  Actually, I'm not sure about the lower group, but it's definitely in the same time-frame & general region, I'd say...

No comments: