Friday, May 7, 2010

Triangle step vessel finished

The triangle-shape step vessel is finished, and here are some nice photos of it I took.  You'll recall, the first piece in this series was the square/box step vessel, and this is the second piece.  The next piece is about to be bisqued - the pointed oval shape step vessel - and there are some construction photos of that one below this post.
This guy is about 18 inches tall and just as wide, made of white stoneware spray-glazed with Nelson's Celedon, with a little "clear" Celedon sprayed over that.
It's the first piece I'm ever showing in an exhibit, of student works at Greenwich House Pottery - opening May 20.  It's for sale, but I priced it not to sell unless someone thinks I'll ever become well known as a ceramicist (or, as I said to my friend Jason, "ceramicister").

No comments: